When I make a meat loaf I separate it into a few pans so that I can freeze some for another day. Well, today when I took a loaf out of the freezer I noticed that the foil covering the pan had some little black dots on it. When I took the foil off I could see that they were not dots and that they were little holes. There were even spots on top of the meat loaf that you could see little pieces of foil and it looked like melted foil. I immediately had to call my mother in law to find out if it was safe to eat. She said that the tomato in the chili sauce has so much acid in it that it ate through the foil and it's happened to her too. She just told me to scrape the foil off before I put it in the oven. It's just funny because usually I wrap everything in plastic wrap first and then foil but for whatever reason I didn't this time. Weird!! Anyway, we ate our meat loaf and it was yummy.. So the moral of the story is don't wrap foil around anything with tomato in it or you'll have to scrape the foil off of your food.
Oh and for those of you who are thinking, "Meat loaf beet loaf I hate meat loaf!" Here's the recipe it's so yummy and freezes really well.. Ha ha ha!! No really it freezes well just put plastic wrap on it first..
Mitzi's Meat Loaf
2 to 2 ½ lbs. Hamburger
1 Pkg. Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Egg
1 bottle Chili Sauce
1 to 2 Tbsp. Minced Dried Onion Flakes
½ Tbsp. Poultry Seasoning
Mash Hamburger and Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage together.
Mix in Bread Crumbs, Egg, Chili Sauce, Onion, and Poultry Seasoning with your hands
Put into large loaf pan and smash down really well.
Before baking slice across 5 times
Bake @ 350 for 1 to 1 ½ hours Remember to drain off the fat.












1 comments:
yummy good!
Post a Comment