Friday, July 25, 2008

Lost friends

Have you ever lost touch with a friend and you don't know why? I have a friend that we have kept in touch over e-mail pretty well for the past few years. All of the sudden last year around this time she stopped responding to my e-mails. I find myself wondering what I've done to make her mad or what could possibly be the reason for not hearing from her. I'm sure I've bugged Brett about this until he can't stand to hear about it anymore. It's just such a puzzle to me. Well, since I started blogging I sent an e-mail to all of my friends and family to let them know so that they could check in on us. I think it was last week I noticed that someone had visited my blog from the area that this friend lives. I pretty much know that it has to be this friend but it could be someone else who knows. I just think that if it is this girl that I'm talking of she obviously has an interest so I wonder why she doesn't communicate with me. Maybe I'm crazy and I shouldn't even care anyway but it always kind of digs at me what could have happened. I'm also kind of sad because she had a baby about a year ago and I don't even know what she had. The last e-mail I received from her she said that the next day she was going to find out the sex of the baby. I have said a few times (to Brett) that I'm not going to e-mail her anymore. That lasts for awhile and then I start thinking about it again. I feel like a crazy stalker that can't get the hint. Maybe we just weren't that great of friends anyway but I kind of thought we were. I guess I'm blogging about this so if she does see this then she will know how I feel. It's possible that she doesn't have the same e-mail and hasn't received my e-mails. I just hope that I can stop wondering about the whole thing. I'm past the point of feeling hurt it's just the not knowing that's bugging me.
Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to see yourself through the eyes of someone else? That sounds weird but what I mean is that I could be walking around thinking that I'm a fairly nice person but people around me could be thinking that I'm a big jerk. I think I'm a pretty good judge of people and I try to be friends with the people that I come in contact with. I don't always go out of my way to make new friends but when I do I really treasure them. I don't know.
Anyway! Maybe now that I've talked about this I've purged my mind of it and I wont have to wonder anymore.

4 comments:

The Wright's said...

Well all that is really important in life is knowing that I love you. I guess it is a close second that Brett loves you too. : )

I understand how you feel though and I know it eats at you when something like this happens. I am sure it is not you cuz you are great!

Barnes Family said...

Thanks Tif! You're too funny!

Stephanie said...

I can't tell you how many times I've wondered the same thing about some of my friends. I hate it! It seems like I am the one who has to do it all! I have to call, I have to write, but they are perfectly capable too, right? So do we need to take a hint, or are you like me and relentlessy persistant? By the way, Boyd, Richard and John came to my house the other night, they all just get cuter as they get older don't they? :D

bethysmiles said...

Aww Heather, you gotta just let people go! I had a friend that pulled something like that, but it wasn't through email, and she totally just stopped talking to me, I thought we were really close and we bowled on the same bowling team and everything but, anyhow, I finally got fed up with her behavior, she was acting like a child, and I was like..."DUDE, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM" come to find out that she didn't like RJ and so just not talking to me was the best way she could think of to not have to deal with him...I was like..."WHATEVER" people like that are so stupid. Anyway, I hope that isn't what is going on with this friend/x-friend of yours, I don't know what it is with some people, if you get offended you're supposed to freakin' talk it out, not just dissapear...that's just rediculous you know. Anyhow, I love ya, don't think about it to much, you're probably doing the same thing I did wondering what I did wrong...those people are just crazy, and they're missing out on an awesome friend...that's their mistake! Love Ya