Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kimber update

Madilynn and Kimber had their well child visits last week. Our doctor here is great! She spent a long time with us checking the girls over. Madilynn is doing great except for some rashes on her feet. She has really sensitive skin so the dry fall weather is hard on her. We just have to really lather her up with the lotion and cortisone cream.

Kimber checked out really well. The doctor was a little concerned that she isn't sitting by herself yet. She said that Kimber's little leg muscles seemed a little tight so she wanted us to take her to physical therapy. She also said that she heard a heart murmur but wasn't concerned about it. I guess that with little babies when they listen to their heart they can hear normal blood flow and that makes it sound like there is a murmur. She told me that we'll watch it and if we feel it's necessary we'll take her to a cardiac specialist. The doctor really didn't think it was an issue she just wanted me to know everything.

On Tuesday Kimber and I went to her physical therapy appointment. I forgot my camera but I had a camera phone with me so I took a few photo's. It was so cute to see Kimber sitting on the huge table. The therapist worked with Kimber for about 40 minutes. She showed me a few things to help Kimber figure out how to sit all by herself. Kimber has always preferred to lay on her stomach so she just kind of skipped over sitting and has gone right into trying to crawl. Her little hamstrings are just tight from not practicing sitting up so we will work on her to get her in shape.

0 comments: