Happy Thanksgiving!
We had a great Thanksgiving at home here in Le Mars, Iowa. We had planned on going home to Vernal but since we have all been sick we decided not to punish ourselves with a long, loNG, LONG drive and runny noses and hacky coughs. We also didn't want to get our sickies around the new babies. So we stayed home and had a good ole time all by ourselves.
Madi and I made Grandma Woolley's yummy corn bread stuffing together.

Brett helped me put the turkey breast in the baking bag. We all worked together and had a wonderful feast.
I almost did the entire Grandma Woolley and Grandma Barnes traditional turkey dinner. We had turkey breast, corn bread stuffing, candied yams with marshmallows on top, steamed veggis with cheese sauce, fresh cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, rhodes rolls. I also made the pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. After doing all this stuff a few times I nearly have it perfected. I'm so proud of my work I just had to take a photo of my crust. It's such an art. I'm a dork I know but hey it took practice to get it right.
Had we been at Grandma's we also would have had the yummy frozen slush (which Bud and I always fight over), a whole turkey with dark meat and all, fresh cranberry jello salad (which is Brett's favorite), another type of fresh cranberry salad with marshmallows (which is my favorite), and lemon meringue pie. The Fairey family had deep fried turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, candied yams, rolls, lots of pies, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. Yummy Yummy! I had planned on making the fresh cranberry salad but there is only so much a girl can do especially when you do everything from scratch... So much work but so worth it. Now we have all of the left overs for the lazy days that I really can't bare to cook dinner.
We hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We missed being with our families and friends but there is always next year to look forward too.
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
1 month ago












9 comments:
Your pie, and all the food you made, sounds absolutely delish! :) Lazy days and leftovers are totally the best. May the sickies exit your home soon, and leave plenty of energy for a fun holiday season. Much love! :)
Your pie crust looks BEAUTIFUL! That is an art! All the food sounds so yummy! We made a turkey for the first time this year...it was so fun cooking it together. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Your pie crust looks amazing!! Yummy!
You really rocked on that pie crust! It looks great! I hope you're all feeling better.
You are such a good mom! And that pie crust looks great! I wish I could do that.
Thanks girls! About the pie crust I just had so many that I had rolled out on the counter and then it was either stuck to the counter or it tore apart when I tried to pick it up. It was just so nice to have it work out the first time I did it this time. If that makes sense..
Wow Heather, I'm so impressed! How come you didn't invite us over? J/K. I made Cranberry Fluff salad, Cheesy Vegetable Stuffing, Cranberry Salsa/Chips and a Pumpkin Pie dessert...and I was POOPED! How'd you do it all??? Wow...sure miss ya!
Hey Stop making me hungry! JK! That does sound like allot of work and your pie crust lookes great! You do have it perfected! You need to send me those cranberry salad receipes they sound great! Love ya sis :O)
I'm impressed! We were all sick too and probably should have done our own Thanksgiving. It looks like fun to have a smaller celebration.
Madi's birthday looks way fun and she is adorable!
Post a Comment