Everything with our move happened so quickly I didn't really get a chance to explain what we were doing. Anyway, here it is...
We decided that Brett needed to find a new job, the one he was at just wasn't going where he wanted to so we decided to start looking for something new. Brett looked into some job opportunities in Arizona so we could stay where we were already settled. He interviewed with a few different places but they just weren't the right fit so we decided to look outside the state of Arizona. Then came this job with Wells Dairy (Blue Bunny Ice Cream) in Iowa. It was a Production Supervisor job doing similar work to what he had been doing for the past six years or so. It was appealing to us because it was in a small town and the company was a smaller family owned company. When Brett went to Iowa to interview he just fell in love with the area.
The day after Brett came home from his interview with Blue Bunny he received an offer for the position and we took it. They wanted Brett to start as soon as possible so we jumped right in and organized our move and got the heck out of dodge. It really happened so fast I didn't get a chance to really tell anyone that we were leaving or get a chance to say goodbye to anyone. I feel terrible because I had made some dear friends in Arizona and then I just pack up and leave without as much as a, "See ya later." I guess I did put a post on this blog but that's probably a little too informal but what can ya do.
The movers came on the 1st of September to start packing our house. Thankfully we had the best neighbors ever that let us take over their house while ours was full of boxes and moving men. The Wallin's were such fun neighbors. You know the kind of neighbors that are there for you when you need to barrow something. And there are the million times we had Kelly fix our computer. I don't know what we are going to do now when our computer breaks... Hmm... We had a lot of fun hanging out with the Wallin's (Kelly, Holly, Brinna and Laci). We really didn't hang out with the Wallin's as much as we should have :( Probably two months before we moved we started playing cards with them. We would either go to their house or they would come to ours and we played BIG. It's such a fun game! I don't know what to compare it to so that you know kind of what it is but it's one of the games where you have to get rid of all of your cards first to win. Maybe that's all card games.. Anyway the whole strategy of it is what's fun. The last time we got together we took a couple of photo's and this one of Brett and Kelly will always crack me up. They just look so special don't they? What a bunch of goofballs. We really miss you guys!
The second day of packing went a lot quicker than the first. The movers pretty much just had to take down our beds and load the truck. Our original plan was to stay that night in the empty house and then head out for Utah in the morning. Well, the plan changed when the movers finished so early. We loaded our Montero said some goodbyes and then got on the road.
Before we left Buckeye our good friends the Wright's (Ryan, Tifany, Kutter, Payton and Maggie) came over to see us to say goodbye. Pretty much wherever Ryan and Tifany were we were soon to follow. Brett and Ryan have worked together at three places now and it's not a coincidence. Ryan has always put in a good word for Brett and brought us along with him. We really owe their family a lot. Besides helping us find jobs Ryan and Tif have helped us with all sorts of projects anywhere from painting to yard work you name it and they have been there. It was really hard to say goodbye this time our little girls are close in age and have always played so cute together. We sure do miss you guys. I wonder if the Bishop is going to think that the Wright's moved since he always thought that Tifany was me.. Funny times!!
Just before we left Buckeye Brinna Wallin was at our house and she asked me where our couches were. I was already pretty emotional so when I told her that they were on a moving truck because we were moving far away I just started crying. Even sitting here right now I'm holding back tears. Moving for me hasn't ever been a hard thing. I'm very adventurous that way. This move was hard because I hated taking Madilynn away from all of her cute friends. I was sad about leaving our friends too but I knew that I would remember them but Madilynn is so little I thought that she wouldn't understand what was going on. I'm just so glad to have the blogs of our friends to look at so that we can keep caught up on what's going on in their lives even though we are far away. Madilynn hasn't forgotten her friends. She talks about them all of the time. Hopefully we'll get to see them sometime when we are all in Utah at the same time.

I wrote this a month ago and for whatever reason I didn't post it. Well, since then a few things have happened. Ryan and Tifany (and their kids of course) are moving to Iowa!!! We are so sO SO excited for them to get up here! I mentioned earlier that we have always followed them wherever they were. (That sounds a little stalkerish) Well, it stands true we have to be around each other. Ryan will be working with Brett at Blue Bunny and probably for the first time ever they will actually be on the same shift so maybe they will get to see each other. We are very excited to have the Wright's here close. Now we just need to talk some of our other friends into moving up here too..
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
1 month ago












3 comments:
Awesome Heather! I'm so jealous, I've tried so hard to get my friends to move out here, just to Vernal! My brother did, but they only made it 6 months and moved back to Spanish Fork! How nice that you have such a good friendship with someone that they will follow you to the END OF THE EARTH!
Hope to see you this week!
Sweet post, Heather! Hope you and your girls and Brett have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
So glad you told the story of the move! We have traveled through Iowa a few times and have loved it! I hope you guys are happy there...maybe some day we can get together.
Your family is adorable and I really enjoy reading the blog.
Now we need pictures of your house!
Love, Mariann
Post a Comment