Friday, February 20, 2009

Ouchy!

Wednesday I had to run some errands around town. Since Brett sleeps during the day I can sometimes put Madi down for a nap and run to the store or whatever I need to with just Kimber. So Kimber and I ventured out to go run my errands. I needed to send a couple of packages off at the post office so that was our first stop. When we arrived at the post office I pulled Kimber's car seat out of the car and gathered up my things. I just parked on the side of the post office so I didn't have to cross the street so it wasn't that far to walk. We started making our way across the sidewalk and I tripped a little bit. I thought I could stop myself from falling and then all the sudden bam, I'm on the ground. My wallet and packages went flying. I didn't even think about them I was so worried that Kimber had been hurt. She was crying and not very happy but didn't seem hurt. I was totally in a daze and I picked her up by her body and not the seat so that I could see if she was alright and try to comfort her. Then I heard a lady running out of the building telling the person on the phone she had to go help someone so she would call them back. She stopped and asked if Kimber was ok and then ran after my money and receipts that were blowing away. I don't know how long I was on the ground but it felt like forever. I noticed pretty quick that my knee didn't feel very nice. I picked myself and Kimber up and the nice lady carried my packages into the post office for me. I'm sure she didn't want to see me fall again. I really felt like a dork and was shaking all over. I was really panicked that Kimber was hurt somehow so should I run her to the emergency room. She had stopped crying when I picked her up so I thought that was a pretty good sign that she was ok. I mailed my packages made a quick stop at the store then went home. I woke Brett up and told him what had happened and asked him if he thought we should take Kimber to the doctor. By then she was totally happy and acting like normal. I handed her to Brett and he looked her over then put her on the floor and she went off crawling. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt and that's because of the carseat. I just think about all the what if's and I'm glad she was safe and snugly in her seat.
So my knee. Well, it doesn't need to be cut off or have a cast or anything but ouchy! Do you remember when you were a kid and you skinned your knee really bad? It feels like like that. Every time I bend my knee it burns so I just try not to bend it. The last time I remember falling and skinning my knee was probably in junior high school. Anyway, I don't suggest falling ever it doesn't feel nice. All in all I'm just glad that Kimber didn't get hurt because my knee will heal but babies are delicate precious little creatures. Scary scary scary what could have happened.

4 comments:

Darice said...

So, I have been a pretty lousy blog buddy- but, I am all caught up now. I am so glad you and Kimber didn't get hurt- HOW SCARY!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

OUCH! I hate when I do something like that. When Olivia was a baby I flipped her completely out of the stroller and car seat. It made the most horrible sound. I was sick the rest of the day worrying about her. I am glad that Kimber is OK. Have a great day.

Shelbee said...

Ouch! That is no fun. I had a similar experience when Gavin was less than a year old..can't remember exactly how old. I was carrying him into the house and tripped walking up the front steps. My arms protected him mostly, but his elbow got skinned a little. I cried and felt horrible for the rest of the day!
I'm so glad there was someone there who helped you and Kimber was ok. I always hate to think about the what-ifs in life!

Stephanie said...

OK, so you just re-post, like a tag, what I did on mine. And I get to be the FIRST ON YOUR LIST TOO! So, let me know, or leave a comment for me. Sounds fun huh?