Our good friends Ryan and Tifany Wright moved to Le Mars from Arizona just after Thanksgiving. We've been so happy to have them here. Things haven't exactly gone according to plan. It's been one upset after another.
They decided to buy a house and not rent like we did. They found a really great house that Tifany fell in love with even before she saw it in person. The house was being rented out until it sold so once they put an offer on it they had to wait 60 days for the renters to vacate. Ahhh!!! So they rented a little two bedroom apartment without any real furniture. Their Realtor was awesome. He had some extra furniture that he loaned to them and we gave them an airbed to use. I tried to get them to come and stay with us but it probably would have been too cramped. Anyway, they moved into the apartment until they would be able to move into their house. Since they had so much time to get everything in order with their loan there didn't seem to be anything to worry about. Well.... They still own their house in Buckeye and decided to rent it out. That ended up being a nightmare. The people that moved in who according to their background check seemed to be perfect decided not to pay rent. Lovely people. After fighting with that for a couple of months they finally got them to move out. Now some friends from our ward in Buckeye have moved in. Yeah!! Now we know for sure that the house is going to be taken care of by trustworthy friends.
The date for closing on this house in Le Mars had been set for the 13th of February. I hadn't ever realized that it was a Friday. I guess that should have clued us all in. Well, their wonderful (sarcastic tone) lender that worked so hard (NOT) on their loan let the ball drop. They had such a nightmare trying to get in touch with the lender to make sure that she had all the information that she needed. Right at the last minute she (the lender) let them know that she needed a ton of stuff. Then Thursday night at 5:00PM the night before they are supposed to close the lender lets Tifany and Ryan know that they will not give them a loan and there is no way that they will. Ahhhhhh!!!! It turns out after all of these months they just now decided that their rental property in Arizona cannot be considered as income. So dumb! So now the new crisis is that the movers were already on their way to deliver their household goods and what to do with it all. Ryan and Tifany's awesome realtor worked it out so that they could go ahead and move in until they were able to get their loan worked out.
I waited until 10:00AM to call Tifany to find out what was happening. I could hardly make myself wait that long. When she told me that they were moving into the house and I could come over if I wanted I was almost in the car before she said I could even come. Poor Tifany was so stressed out. She was at the house with the girls while the movers unpacked their stuff. It was hard for her to feel happy since things have been so crazy. Ryan had been on the phone talking to Wells Fargo (a different bank from earlier) and they promised him that the loan could be made without any problems. Hallelujah! A ray of sunlight! Tifany perked up after hearing that news. It was hard to feel happy about moving into the house when it hung over their heads that it might not be theirs. So much drama!!
Yesterday I took the girls over so that we could get the house cleaned. It's an old Victorian with lots of stairs and hard wood floors throughout. The first thing that Tifany and I did was pull up the carpet runner on the stairs. There was so much dirt. Ewww! As we were pulling it up Tifany said that we probably should be wearing masks. I'm sure we should have. Oh well! Anyway, now that things are getting into their places and it's getting cleaner it's feeling more like home they are all in better spirits.
Wow! That was quite the story! As for the lender that was mentioned earlier, Countrywide... I just want to take a moment and tell all of you that if you are looking for a loan now, don't try Countrywide. They Didn't help Ryan and Tifany one bit. Instead of letting them know about the rental house being a problem two months ago they strung them along this whole time to tell them that it wasn't going to work the night before closing. Thanks for nothing you jerks (I'm talking about Countywide).
Anyway, hopefully now everything will go smoothly. Maybe if you all could remember them in your prayers. They really don't want to move again and they really don't want to be homeless. Not that they could ever be homeless we would force them to move in with us. Thanks for listening to this most recent drama.
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
1 month ago












2 comments:
Curse those ROTTEN Bankers! Countrywide naughty naughty they should go outta business dealing like that! That just gets me all burnt up! Love ya Heather & I will pray for your friend! :O)
That has to be super frustrating to deal with a lender and hear the night before closing saying sorry! Cody and I have been working with Wells Fargo, they have been pretty good with us. We were suppose to close on the house today BUT we didn't the under writer failed to send off a paper to the VA which our home loan agent had talked with her about 2 weeks ago! So tomorrow Cody and I will wake up super early to go close on the house. I don't think hes to excited about getting up at 8am since we both get off at 11pm tonight! Ugg I will be super happy to be done with this and be in our home!
Post a Comment