Today Kimber is 11 months old. I haven't really given an update on Kimber for a while.. I'm such a slacker.. Oh well, it's time to try and catch up.
Kimber has been crawling for a few months. She is all over the place. She can stand up too. I've had her stand without help for a few seconds so she is getting really close to doing it all by herself. She has two teeth that popped up the same day (February 2, 2009). I was worried that with the new teeth I was going to have to stop nursing but she has only bitten me once. Ouchy! Sorry too much information.



She just loves to follow Madi anywhere she goes. Last night Kimber had been down for a nap and I put Madi to bed while she Kimber was still sleeping. Kimber woke up about 30 minutes after I had put Madi to bed. I fed her some dinner and then went about hanging up the laundry. While I was gathering some more hangers out of Kimber's closet she crawled down the hall to Madi's door. It was too cute she slapped the door a few times and cried out (not really crying but kind of calling out for Madi in her baby talk). She really wanted to be in there with her sister and she wasn't happy that the door was closed. After she banged on the door for a little bit I could hear Madi talking from inside. Kimber and I went in and I let Kimber give Madi a love. They are so sweet to each other. 
I think Kimber just has a thing for banging on doors. Whenever she is on the floor crawling around and Brett is in the bathroom she crawls over to the door and bangs on it. Brett always knows who it is even before she makes any other noises. Yesterday Brett woke up a little too early and decided that he was going to go back to bed for a little while. Kimber crawled over to the door and started slapping it. It was so cute but I didn't want her to wake Brett up. He was up and at em shortly after that. She loves her Daddy!

She also does this really funny face. It's not really the bitter beer face.. How to describe it.. Umm.. She scrunches up her nose kind of lifts her head and perches her lips while she squints her eyes and sniffs. I'm trying to get a photo of it but she isn't very willing to do it on demand.
Since she is more mobile now she isn't really interested in sitting still for very long. She used to be my little cuddle buddy but now she just wants to go go go. I can sneak in a few cuddles if I'm willing to stand up. I don't know why it is but if you hold her while standing she is usually much happier. Maybe it's because she feels tall.
This year has just flown by and it's hard to believe that she is already going to be a year old next month. Whew! Where does the time go. 













3 comments:
She is darling! Getting so big and everything else that they do, much too fast!
You are so good at blogging I can't keep up! She is adorable. I'm worried about Mailey getting teeth and biting me! I bet our kids would love playing together if we lived closer. Looks like you guys are doing well!
She is a Brett 'mini-me'! Adorable!
Post a Comment