Saturday was dedicated to Halloween. Here in Le Mars they had a parade for the kids to march down Main Street in their costumes. Madi dressed up as a witch and Kimber was a lady bug. I really wasn't sure how many people were going to show up so when we got there and saw the line up I was very surprised. I think just about all of the kids from around Le Mars were there. We were right at the tail end following the large crowd of kids and parents and dogs who were all following behind the fire truck. It was so much fun and I'm pretty sure that Madi had a blast. She loves dressing up so this was a great time for her to show off.

After we walked down Central Avenue the kids could go trick or treating at some of the businesses. At first Madi wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do and so she just walked up to the people and said, "Thank you!" She had the "trick or treat" part down once we were all finished. I guess it was a great trial run for the real trick or treating event next Friday.


Later that day we decided that we would drive to Sioux City to go to the Trunk or Treat at church. While we were waiting for the festivities to begin Madi found some kids to run around with and Brett and I were talking with some of the other adults, then I heard Madi crying. She was completely terrified and running towards me. At first I didn't know if she had fallen down or what had happened. As she was running to me she kept turning around to look behind her and then I saw what had worried her. There was a boy that was wearing one of the scream costumes. You know the mask of it has the fake blood that runs down the face. Madi was so freaked out about it. The boy was really cute and took the mask off and talked to Madi. We kept telling her that he was a nice boy and that he was just pretending. She didn't care she just knew that she didn't like that mask. After that she stuck really close to us and was watching very closely to see if that "Scary Boy" came around. She was even talking about it when I was putting her to bed. I just told her that he was pretending to be a scary ghost like she was pretending to be a witch. Hopefully she doesn't think about it any more. She didn't wake up talking about the "scary boy" so I guess she has forgotten about it. 


















5 comments:
Your girls look darling! Poor Madi- I'm surprised that the little boy was wearing a mask at the trunk or treat! Oh well- I still HATE masks- my older brother used to chase me around while he was wearing a monkey mask. It really freaked me out and he was the perfect age that he thought it was hilarious. I hope Madi does not think about it too much!!
Your girls look so adorable in their costumes. I especially love Madi's. How cute!
Cute little witchy-poo and ladybug too! Hope you guys are loving Iowa.
I always love the pictures you take they are great I love their costumes too! Sooooo Cute! I have made a halloween blog check it out!
just looking at these pics again. The ones of Brett kissing his girls are so precious.
Post a Comment