Sunday, October 5, 2008

Duh!!

Since we've been in Le Mars we haven't been to church. It's so bad and I really want us to go but we haven't just because we have been all out of sorts with the move. Anyway, Madi has been begging, crying about going to nursery. We were already planning on going this Sunday anyway so I told her that we were going.
This morning I woke up at 6:30AM so that I could get myself ready and get the girls ready and then get to church on time. The drive to church is about 30 minutes so Brett and I planned out 40 minutes so we would have plenty of time. Well, as things go we didn't leave the house at the time we had planned and were running about 15 minutes late. So we rushed it a little trying to get there before 9:00AM. Then I was telling Brett a story so I didn't pay attention and we didn't take the right exit so we were still about 15 minutes late. Not too bad we could still catch the greater part of sacrament meeting. As we rounded the corner and I could kind of see the parking lot in the back of my mind I thought, "Where are all of the cars? Is it conference?!" Brett drove to the far side of the building and we could see the other side of the parking lot, the empty parking lot. We both said out loud, "IT'S CONFERENCE!!" Sheesh! If only we paid attention to something other than getting the house put together maybe we would have put that together before we drove down there.. We're so silly. It was a nice drive anyway we turned around and came back home and watched the end of the first session. Silly us! I'm glad that I did get to hear President Monson speak he's so great.
Anyway, that's my duh for today hopefully I won't have another one for a while. I guess I should have tried to take a family photo because we all looked pretty cute today. Oh well!

2 comments:

Darice said...

Too funny! I remember as a kid being 1 hour early for church because my parents forgot to switch the clocks at daylight savings time! Glad you had a nice drive though. And I too thought President Monson's talk was awesome.

Nik said...

Haven't done that exact one, but I did go to church an hour early once because I forgot the time changed. We all have our duh's! Too funny!