Brett was just about to go out the door to run an errand when we heard a siren going off. We both just stopped and looked at each other because we didn't know what it meant. I just froze for a minute and then I turned around and walked to the TV and turned to a news station. There wasn't anything about bad weather so I thought I had better call someone to find out what the heck. I called this salesman that we had talked to and asked him what the siren meant. He said that every once in awhile they do a test of the siren at 1:00PM. He said that it took him a little while to get used to when he first moved here. I asked him if that's what we would hear if there was a tornado and he said yes. YIKES!!!!!!!!!! I think my heart stopped for a minute when I first heard that siren blowing. The girl that lives behind us told me that there was a siren that would sound if there was a problem but I didn't know they did tests!! Well, it's just good to know what I need to listen for. Now I just need to find out where in the house is the best place to hide if there is a tornado.. YIKES!!!!!!!!!
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
1 month ago












1 comments:
Poor thing! My parents lived next to a small-town faire station and every Saturday at noon the siren was tested! You do get used to it!
Post a Comment