So we left Buckeye a day earlier than we had originally planned. Since the movers were finished we decided that we should just get on the road. We said our tearful goodbyes and set out on the road. Our car was packed to the brim and then some. We had the rooftop carrier full of stuff and the floor under the girls full of stuff the back of the car over flowing with stuff it was a lot of stuff we had with us. 

My emotions were very close to the surface because things were a bit uncertain in our future. We had left our house to move to a new state that I had never even visited and we didn't even have somewhere to move to yet. I wasn't very nervous about finding somewhere to live I thought that was coming together it just wasn't set yet. We had done something similar to this before but we didn't have kids back then. When we moved from Colorado back to Vernal we sold our house so quickly that we just packed up and headed out and didn't have anything set of where we were going to live. That time we just put all of our belongings in three different garages and stayed with Brett's parents. We ended up buying Brett's brother's house (which is the childhood house that Brett grew up in). Anyway, back to the move from Arizona. That night we drove for a few hours until we reached Flagstaff where we stayed the night.
The next day as I was driving Madi says, "I want to go home." She was sick of being in the car. I just started crying. I didn't know where home was yet and we had just left the home that she knew. I tried to keep a brave face and told her that we were going to Grandma's house because I knew that she would be happy about that.
We lived in Arizona for two years and only made the drive back to Utah this one time and it was when we were moving away. It's such a long drive for kids so we packed a bunch of movies and books and toys and treats to keep the girls happy for as long as possible. We also made the best investment ever and purchased a portable DVD player. That thing was a life saver for Madi. Poor little Kimber was a trooper as best she could at six months old. She was happiest if she had a blanket to cuddle with.
We reached Vernal at about 8:30PM on the second day of our travels. I think we kind of took the longest road to get there but we got there and all in one piece. We were so happy to be in a familiar place. It was also very exciting because only Brett's Mom had met Kimber so Kimber had a lot of people to meet.











0 comments:
Post a Comment