This move has been harder on me than any other. I think it's because Madi is old enough to kind of understand what's going on and it's hard to take her away from her cute friends.
Just before we drove away from out house in Buckeye some of our great friends came over for a visit. Brinna looked around our empty house and said, "Heather, where did you move your couches?" Then a little later she asked me where all of Madi's toys were. I was already a little emotional about leaving and so when I started to tell this sweet little three year old that we were moving far away I just started crying.
Just a short while later our good friends the Wright's showed up and the kids all started running around having great fun. The three little girls were in the den running around on the bare hardwood floors. Then Kutter (the only boy) would run in and all of the girls would scream. It was great fun.
After awhile it was time to get on the road. That first night we drove to Flagstaff and stayed the night. The next morning we got on the road around 8:00AM. After being stuck in the car for hours Madi started getting a little restless. She started to get a little fussy and cried, "I want to go home!" I was driving the car when she said that and the tears just started to roll. Brett was very quick and told Madi that we were going to Nana and Papa's house and that made her really happy. Madi is just happy to be with family and friends so I'm sure she doesn't think anything about our old house. Although she has been talking about Brinna and Payton so it's probably not far away that she will be begging to go play with her friends. It's going to be interesting trying to explain that we can't just walk over to Brinna's or drive over to Payton's. I know she'll make new friends soon but I hope that she remembers her Buckeye friends.
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
1 month ago












0 comments:
Post a Comment