Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cute neighbors

Today as I was unpacking boxes (actually I was taking a break and playing on the computer) I heard a knock at the door. When I arrived at the door I saw a very tiny little old lady. My 93 year old neighbor came over to say hello and bring us cookies.. What a sweetie!! A few hours later when Brett was home from work there was another knock at the door. Another cute neighbor came over to say hello and bring us some cookies.. So cute!! Then while we were outside hanging the bug zapper (a necessity here) Madi saw the neighbor girls out jumping on the trampoline. She kept waving to them and yelling to them over the sound of the lawn mower. I thought that since they were all older girls they wouldn't want to hang out with Madi. Well, they all came over and wanted to have Madi come hang with them. It was really cute! The girls were eight and six years old. Madi had a great time jumping on the trampoline and being tickled by the girls.
Everyone that we have come in contact with have been so nice. I'm very excited to meet more people and learn more about Le Mars it's such a cute place.

3 comments:

Darice said...

What nice neighbors!! Madi is so likeable- of course the girls wanted to play with her! Happy unpacking hopefully it goes by fast!

Nik said...

Good neighbors are a blessing! Hope all keeps going well with the move!

Moon family said...

That's awesome. Neighbors make a huge difference. We have mostly nice ones but ended up with some mean and whiny ones next door. Bummer!