Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lightning!

Natures fireworks!! The other night we had a big thunderstorm. Brett had gone to bed and I was up watching TV. I started to notice the flashes of light coming from outside so I went to look out the window. The lightning would flash every few seconds. I thought, "COOL!! I'm going to get my camera and take a picture!" So I set up my tripod and put the release switch on the camera so I could take a long exposure. Just as I was about to open the sliding glass door and put the camera outside a bolt of lightning struck really close. So close the the thunder cracked at the same time. I don't think I've ever run so fast. I ran through the kitchen and down the hall and Brett met me half way. The lightning and thunder had startled him awake. I was completely freaked out. When I finally built up enough courage I went to close the curtains on the door and put my camera away. I moved pretty quickly because I didn't want the lightning to zap me through the door. Doesn't that happen sometimes? It seems like I've heard that you can be struck by lightning in your house.. Yikes!!! Nature is amazing but oh so scary!! I was so rattled that when I went to bed I couldn't stop shaking. I'm such a big scared-e-cat.
Two years ago when Brett was driving into Buckeye for the first time a bolt of lightning hit a telephone pole right in front of him. He said there were sparks flying everywhere. Yikes!!

2 comments:

JOHN AND SUMMER said...

Heather- I just checked out your blog and saw that you're moving. I wish you and your family the best of luck! I hope you have a safe and fun trip. Wasn't the lighting crazy the other night? If you send me your email I can send you an invite for my blog (it's private...too many crazy people out there) summerstylin84@yahoo.com

Just me! said...

I hear ya sista! I remember when I was little and when a storm like that would come through, I would lay in my bed paralyzed with fear. I was to afraid to go find my parents I hated it! So, I go lay with my kids so I know they are okay. I would hate for them to be to scared to come find me.