Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Fairey's

I just found this photo today and had to scan it in. A few years ago I was trying to get everyone in my family to send photo's so that I could put together a photo movie with music. I didn't get much response.. Hmmmm.... Anyway! This photo is so cute but so funny to me. It was taken in 1981. My Mom is pregnant with my youngest brother Nathan. If you know my family you can probably list everyone off but for those of you that don't know the family I'll do my best to explain who is who. Cheryl is the oldest and she is at the very top with the long brown hair. David is next and he is on the left side with a tie. John comes next and is on the right side in a blue polka dot shirt. Then Sharon, she's next to John in a blue shirt. Boyd's next he is on the left side in a white polka dot shirt (I think we like polka dots). Then Me (Heather). I'm right in front of Boyd, beside my Mom. Beth is after me. She is the cutie in the yellow. Then Richard, he is sitting on my Dad's lap. Like I said before there is one more and that's Nathan. He is in my Mom's belly. The parent's are Bryan and Barbara. That's the Fairey's! Also missing from this photo are Steve and Carey Allen (My Mom's kids) and Rebekah and Rachel Fairey (my Dad's kids). We look a lot different now and there are a lot more people involved now too.
I believe when this picture was taken we had recently moved from Oakland, California to Yuba City, California.
Doesn't my Mom look great for being pregnant with her 11th child?! How old do you think my Dad is in this photo? Or I mean how young does he look? You'll never guess..
We're a funny bunch but I wouldn't trade anyone of them. Love you guys! I really miss my family especially since we live so far away. :(

7 comments:

The Wright's said...

I love this picture. So great! Your mom looks amazing and your dad looks late 30's to me. I guess possibly early 40's. So....how old is he in this picture?

Barnes Family said...

55!! He and I always used to joke and say, "How young are you?" We are so silly!

Sharon Gifford said...

I did that too! I want a copy of that pic Heather I mean it! :O) Love ya oh do u have the one that Nathan scratched up? I was hopeing mom sent it to be repaired cuz I want a copy of that one too! and I will send you pics just let me know what kind you want!

The Peery Family said...

Hey Heather! My fellow Ensign survivor! Holy crap... I didn't know Angelia had a blog. Thanks for giving me a heads up. :) We LOVE Iowa! The weather is absolutely nuts, but you'll never be bored! August is definitely the worst for heat and humidity and there's always a huge ice/snow storm in February that shuts down the whole state. But other than that, it's alright. What has your family interested in Sioux City?

Barnes Family said...

Ensign survivor? Did you work at the dealership in Logan too?
Yes I have been trying to talk all of my brother's and sister's into doing a blog and they are slowly getting them.
Brett is looking into new work opportunities and there is a job in Le Mars but we think we would live in Sioux Falls. It might not happen but it's just nice to know what the area is like.

Sharon Gifford said...

Is this the picture you were talking about? I remembered a swan applicae on that shirt thought I might have remembered wrong is that what you were talking about? how did you do that? love ya

Barnes Family said...

Yep! There was a swan on your shirt but it had this weird black mark across it. I don't know if someone drew on it by accident or if it happened in processing. I just took it off in adobe photo shop.