Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You know it's hot when...

You know it's hot when...

  • You turn on the faucet to get cold water and all you get is boiling hot water.
  • You open your front door and it feels like a convection oven.
  • You walk bare foot on the cement and your feet feel like they are going to burst into flames.
  • After being outside for a few minutes you nearly have sun stroke.
  • The air conditioner is running non stop.
  • You can't stop anywhere after you've been to the grocery store because you don't want spoiled milk.
  • Planes can't take off at the airport. (I need to ask my brother Boyd why this is.)

Last year Brett and I barely made it through the hot months and this year we look at the temperature when it reads 105 and we say, "Oh it's going to be a nice day!" I guess we are getting used to the temperature down here but boy is it hot..

3 comments:

Sally Barrington said...

105! That is way too hot! It's kinda looking like we're going to have a hot one this year too. Oh man! Again... 105 is too HOT!!!
The "you know it's hot when..." was funny. Thanks!

Barnes Family said...

Oh yeah and 105 is a cooler temp. I think it was up to 115 today.. It's not for the faint of heart.

Brooke Jenkins said...

This is my big fat AMEN to that. It does get better every year, but anything over 110 is just insane. My biggest peeve is the water from the cold side being hot. On the bright side, when I need to boil water I am almost there with the water straight from the facet.