Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Don't mess with Shorty!

Last night the girls and I went for a walk to the park. I usually won't take Madi if there are any big kids playing just so she won't get pushed or something... When we first arrived at the park Madi had it all to herself, but pretty soon three bigger kids showed up, two boys and a little girl. The little girl was probably five or six. Madi started following the little girl around and trying to get the girl to play with her. They all seemed to be getting along pretty well. A short time later I saw our good friend and neighbor Holly walking to the park with her two girls, Brinna who is three and Laci who is nine months. Madi and Brinna were very excited to see each other and went right to playing. Holly and I were talking while the girls ran around and played on the slides. All of the sudden we heard Brinna screaming! She had gone down the slide and the older girl had bumped into her knocking her down. Brinna was pretty upset but Holly got her to calm down. Holly told Brinna that she was sure that the girl didn't mean to do it so Brinna went back to play. At the top of the slide Brinna met up with Madi and she told Madi about what had happened. The older girl was right near them and Madi walked up to the girl and poked her in the chest and said, "You neber eber push Brinna! Eber!" I immediately yelled, "Madi you do not push! You tell her that you are sorry!" I had to say something quick so my little shorty didn't get her butt kicked. I also apologized to the girl explaining that Madi is just little. Holly and I got a kick out of how Madi was so quick to stand up for her friend that is older and taller than she is. A few moments later all the girls were friends and playing together. When I told Brett the story he said, "She's a little pistol." Next to the older girl at the park Madi was pretty small and she had no fear at all telling that girl that she was naughty. Somehow I need to help Madi realize that she's not ten feet tall and bullet proof.

This is a photo of Madi and Brinna that I took just before Christmas last year.

4 comments:

Sally Barrington said...

TAG!

The Wright's said...

Oh my gosh, that is the best story!! I can totally imagine her getting ready to take down that big kid in defense of Brinna. That is priceless stuff!

Moon family said...

Good for her to stick up for her friends!

Holly said...

This was the cutest moment. Brinna is usually the first person to stand up for herself...but in this case, it was Madi (a year younger), who was first in line to stick up for Brinna. Precious moment!