For the past six weeks Madi has been taking a tumbling class at the YMCA. I think she had a lot of fun doing it especially since her good friend Payton was in the class too. After the classes Madi would talk about the parachute and she would twirl around and kick her leg up high in the air. They learned how to do somersaults (even though Madi already could) and walk on a balance beam. Madi has hardly been shy a day in her life but for some reason she started this little act when I went to drop her off at the class. She would turn to me and say, "I want to stay with you Mom." or today was, "Where's Pay Pay (Payton)? I kind of think that she started doing this because she saw some of the other kids crying when they were being dropped off. Last week Madi's friend Claire was crying and didn't want to go into the class so Madi gave her the sticker that she got in the ER and Claire then was brave enough to go into the class. Then today when Claire got there she didn't cry at all she just went right into the class it was great but then there was Madi being silly. Soon enough though Payton arrived and Madi felt a little better. Today was the last class and before they all escaped I took a quick picture of the kids with the teachers. I don't know who all of the other kids are but Payton is the fourth from the left (in pink) then Claire and Madi.
Before we left to go home Madi gave her teacher a hug and her teacher said to Madi, "Did you tell your Mom what we did with the shoes?" Then Madi jumped up and down and said, "We put them in the parachute!" Then they both giggled. It was cute! I guess they put all the shoes in the middle of this parachute and all the kids held an edge and then popped the shoes up and down. I'm guessing that it was great fun! I'm just glad that Madi had fun and she and I even made some new friends. It will be interesting to see if Madi wants to take tumbling again when there is another class in September. It was just fun to see Madi making new friends and having fun.
Before we left to go home Madi gave her teacher a hug and her teacher said to Madi, "Did you tell your Mom what we did with the shoes?" Then Madi jumped up and down and said, "We put them in the parachute!" Then they both giggled. It was cute! I guess they put all the shoes in the middle of this parachute and all the kids held an edge and then popped the shoes up and down. I'm guessing that it was great fun! I'm just glad that Madi had fun and she and I even made some new friends. It will be interesting to see if Madi wants to take tumbling again when there is another class in September. It was just fun to see Madi making new friends and having fun.











0 comments:
Post a Comment