Madi has a most prized possession, her silky. I'm embarrassed to say it's an old garment top cut up. She just got attached to it when she was a baby. When she was tiny she always tried to put her hand down my shirt to hold onto my garment top. Silly willy! Well, one night in a desperate attempt to get her to go to sleep I gave her one of my tops to hold onto. Well, it turns out that it worked like a charm. Long story short I cut an old top up and gave her the pieces. We lovingly named it her silky.
She cannot go to sleep without her silky. She tries to carry it around with her everyday. I've tried to make the rule that she can only have the silky when she is in bed but somehow she always has it and has many of them. I need to count all the silkies we have. I know that there are a lot of them and she always seems to have them all. I think she sneaks them out of the laundry basket when I get them out of the dryer.
Madi’s attachment to the silky has been good and bad. When we are driving in the car and she just can't take it anymore I give her a silky to hold onto and it makes the trip a lot nicer for everyone. It's bad because sometimes in the middle of the night she will wake up crying that she can't find her silky. Ok I guess that's really not terrible it's actually kind of cute. Someday soon I hope to be able to get rid of the silky.
Today she was dancing around in the living room and then turned and saw one of her silkies hanging out of her toy box. She yelled, "Silky!" Then ran over to the silky picked it up and said, "Yep! It smells like my silky!" I just started laughing she really is funny.
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
1 month ago












4 comments:
That's really funny! I remember always trying to sneak into my moms drawers and get into her "silky garments" too. Kids just love the feel of them I guess. ;)
Hello Barnes family!! Thanks for inviting us to your blog! What a beautiful family! I am so excited to keep up on what you are doing, I love blogs!
Our blog is enloes.blogspot.com
That is so funny. My baby sister is 10 years younger than me. I remember when we were little she did the same thing to my mom. Would reach down her shirt to rub her silky garments... and she loved to carry them around. She loved silk too.
It's so awesome that you took the time to write about Madi's silky. That is a cute story and she'll love to read about it someday.
I don't know if you remember but I had a dirty old pillow case I held onto for dear life! So cute what Madi is doing! Don't worry I think she will give it up when she is ready, maybe let her know there are times you would like her to do with out it I am sure she will coperate with you! :O) and eventually she will want to be mommys big girl and give it up. Also I am so sorry I really meant to call you on your Birthday! Bad big sis I will try to call you in the next few days! Love ya sis! I hope you had a great Birthday!
Post a Comment