I have two brothers’ who are airline pilots. I am so very proud of both of them and I know that they are both wonderful pilots. I also am terrified that they would be put in a difficult situation such as what happened in New York a few days ago. I know that if they were in a difficult situation that they would be able to keep things under control. It's just scary to hear news of a plane going down and especially scary when it's the same airline one of your brothers works for.
The last time I went to visit my brother Steve he took us up in one of his planes. It was one of the smaller four passenger planes. He flew us all over the Bay Area. It was a lot of fun. As we were flying over San Francisco we hit a pocket of air that made us drop quickly. It was scary for a moment but I was so impressed with my brother. It was really cool to watch all of the things he had to do to get us back in order and how quickly he moved. What was really funny was my nephew in the front seat that slept through all of the commotion while Brett and I hit our heads on the roof.. Silly little Jason!
When my brother Boyd was a pilot in the Air Force there was a time when he was flying and the cabin lost pressure. Sometimes that happens and the pilots pass out because they don't have any air. It was pretty scary but he had his oxygen mask and all was well.
What a huge responsibility it is to be in charge of so many people lives while they are passengers on the plane that you operate. I'm so glad that there are these incredible pilots out there that are capable of pulling off something so awesome (for the lack of a better word).
This is my little salute to all the great pilots of the world especially Captain Sullenberger and my two brothers, Captain Allen and Captain Fairey. 
I giggle a little bit about my brother, Captain Fairey.. Isn't that awesome? Fairey! Ha ha ha!! Love ya Boyd! He has wings! Ha ha ha!! Ok maybe it's not that funny...
Painting Dolly Parton in the Smoky Mountains ❤️
1 month ago












0 comments:
Post a Comment