Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Planning the kitchen remodel

Our kitchen layout is weird.  Bless the hearts of the people that lived here before us, they really tried to do some good things.  The way the kitchen is now the range is stuck back in this little hallway and the cabinets are old and needing to be replaced.  I found on www.lowes.com that they have a virtual room planner and it’s so much fun to play with.  So even though we probably won’t get to do the kitchen remodel for awhile I don’t think it’s ever too soon to start dreaming about how we want it. 

kitchen floor planfloor plan 1  The empty space that has a wall in front of it is going to be our pantry.  Right now the range is there with cabinetry.  When we moved in the refrigerator that came with the house was where I have the range in my new plan.  To get that refrigerator out Brett pretty much had to pull the wall down.  I don’t know if they built the wall around it or what but it sure was stuck in there.  There was no way that we were going to get our refrigerator in that space it was 6 inches too narrow.  The dishwasher right now is where I’m putting the refrigerator in my new plan.  I think that the dishwasher needs to be next to the sink and near to the cabinets.  We are also hoping that we will be able to knock the wall down to open the room up.  Right now there is a doorway that comes in by the cabinets near the refrigerator and there is another doorway on the other side of the column by the island/peninsula.  So we want to open one doorway larger and close one off completely.  I can’t wait to do it but first comes the roof then we will hopefully get to this, but then there is our bedroom that needs to be done too.. Projects projects projects….  It is fun to dream it up and see how it will look someday.

0 comments: