Sunday, July 25, 2010

First Talk in Primary

Last Sunday when Madi brought me the sticker saying that she was to give a talk in primary I thought, “How is this going to work?”  Every time she’s had to get up in front of the crowd at church she has cried and not wanted to participate so I was thinking that there was no way that she was going to get a word out in front of the crowd in primary.  I decided that I would let her pick a picture out of the church photo’s that we had and we would talk about that.  We ended up with a photo of the Salt Lake Temple so I thought she could just recite the words to the song, “I Love to See the Temple”. 

I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

When they called for Madi to come up and share her talk she marched up there with Brett (no hesitation) and repeated everything that he whispered to her in a loud clear voice.  I was so proud that I nearly cried.  I heard all the girls in our class say, “Oh!!  That’s so cute!”  It really was!  I loved it.  She did such a great job and she was so brave.

slc temple with brett and heather

0 comments: