Saturday, September 5, 2009

Gymnastics Class

Madi started taking gymnastics a couple of weeks ago. I think she likes it. When we first get to class she tells me that she wants me to stay with her. It's the same thing she was doing at her tumbling class. I think it's just an act because she is anything but shy. It's a lot of fun watching Madi do all of her moves at gymnastics class. There are a few moves that we need to work on but she did pretty well at the low balance beam. When it was time to walk on the low balance beam she didn't hesitate at all she just jumped right on. I took this video at her very first class. I really think that this kind of class is more her thing since she likes to jump around. It's also really good for her because she has so much energy and hopefully this class will help her use up some of that energy. I think it will also help her learn how to follow instructions a little better.

Madi already knows a couple of the girls in the class. Claire (who we met at tumbling) is in the class and Kylie (who we met at tumbling) is also in this class. I'm really glad that we get to watch the girls practice it helps when I want to be able to practice with Madi cause I know what they do in class. This dance school has been a lot different from the last school that Madi went to. I think she really likes her teachers, they make class a lot of fun which helps Madi want to go to class.

0 comments: