Sunday, August 23, 2009

Uncle Duane

I found out today that my Uncle Duane passed away. A few days ago he fell walking up some stairs and broke his leg. He hasn't been really well for a while so it was hard on his body. Right now I'm just glad that he isn't in pain anymore. It's sad to know that we won't see him at any of the family reunions or get togethers but it makes me glad to know that we will see him again someday in Heaven if we live worthily.
Uncle Duane was this very tall man, he was like this giant teddy bear that wouldn't hurt a fly. Whenever he was around he would stand next to you and give you a side hug and tell you how glad he was to see you. He was always very complimentary. He would tell me how pretty I was and how I looked like my Mom. He was such a sweet man and I'm so glad that I could call him my Uncle. He will be dearly missed.
My Mom told me that yesterday Duane was talking about how he had seen some of our family members that have passed away already. I like to think they were near to him at the end to help him find the way back to our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful to know that we are a Forever Family and we will be together again with all of our loved ones that have passed on before.

3 comments:

J said...

My mom just called me. He was a wonderful person -- what a great tribute to him!! It is times like this that I am sad that I live so far away :(

Annette said...

I'm so sad...but thankful he is not suffering. We loved him so much.

Ang said...

Your Uncle Duane was such a chearful person. He use to come by the bank and say hello and was always so sweet to me! I'm sure he will be missed by many.